I read this morning that Amazon Prime is offering a discount on their annual membership fee, so I thought that I would pass this information along. (FYI: they offer a small reward to Amazon Affiliates, however, apparently this isn’t an option for Mainers. So I’m sharing this out of the goodness of my heart, not for any monetary or other gain.)
In celebration of the 73rd Annual Golden Globes, Amazon is dropping their Prime Membership fee to $73 for this weekend only (1/15/2016-1/17/2016). The sale starts Friday at 9:00 p.m. PT and ends at 11:59 p.m. local time on Sunday.
Amazon Prime Membership will give you the following benefits:
- FREE Two-Day Shipping on millions of items
- Free Release-Date Delivery on video games and more
- Unlimited photo storage with anywhere access
- Exclusive 30-minute early access to select Lightning Deals and events on MyHabit.com
- Instant streaming of thousands of movies and TV shows with Prime Video
- Read free books each month through Kindle First and the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library
- Access to over a million songs and hundreds of playlists, ad-free
My family enjoys similar benefits through Amazon Student membership which students can signup for (you need an .edu email address for verification purposes). Student membership is half of the standard Prime fee and excludes the media benefits. Although, I hope Amazon will extend full benefits to students in the future, as I’m sure they would also enjoy Prime Video, Prime Music, and the Kindle library benefits as well.